Sunday, July 8, 2018

My brief chess bio

I started to play chess at 11, taught by my father, who is Master Candidate at the game. Of course I had been offered by him to learn and pay more attention to the game earlier, but that time I was too busy with my school life - was the best pupil there, had a lot activities and intensive life every day (won local contests there, painted, wrote poems and prose, had interest in entomology, made beading on a high level, hand craft etc). But yet the game was quite popular and prestigious in my locality at that time, and I finally took it, and liked it, and started to train seriously, travel to tournaments, both in my country and abroad.

Made a quick progress at the beginning - achieved my 1-st category (class A) only in 8 months after learning the moves of pieces and rules of the game. And Master Candidate title in about 2 years. And then at the age of graduating from school I got all my WIM and WGM norms. Then, during my study at University, tried myself as chess coach, and liked it too, and since then combining the play in pro tournaments with my own chess tranings and preparations and coaching of my students. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

King's Arena online bullet tournament

Attended and streamed the 2 hour long online tournement on chess.com. Taking into account my lag, the result was not so bad☺ And the games ...